Pre-Paid Funeral Plans
When you are considering making Pre-Paid Funeral Plans it is usually either because you want your loved ones to not need to find the money when the time comes OR you want to put some of your savings into a vehicle which will keep up with the rate of inflation, with no risk at all OR a bit of both.
We are delighted, as part of our holistic advice service, to be able to offer Funeral Plans through Safe Hands. As specialists in complete later life planning we can now show you all about how they work and the comfort they can provide you and your loved ones. Then, once you have decided to proceed we can come to you to assist with the paperwork, or complete a simple online application.
The basic idea of the Funeral Plans is that you pay for the funeral you want at today’s prices. It then guarantees to pay for your funeral directors services when you die, whenever you die. There are associated disbursements or 3rd party costs like for the clergy or burial cost itself. These will need to be paid for at the time of the funeral.
The majority of the cost though will be covered by you. You’re family need not worry. You can even pick your music.
Points to note:
- You must be over 18
- There are different types, all with different options and costs.
- You can pay in a lump sum or by monthly direct debit.
- You can buy them for others in advance, such as a mother in law or other elderly relative.
- If you have a particular Funeral Director in mind we can work with all our providers to place your funeral plans with them.
- If not then we will let you know who they provide plans through and help you arrange it with them. It is important to us that you get the funeral you want too!
If you are looking for a policy that pays a lump sum in the event of your death then you could consider a Whole of Life Plan. These are not limited to just covering funeral costs which means you could use them to provide a nice holiday to your family after the event too.
We have access to standard Whole of life plans and also Guaranteed over 50 plans (which require no medical). These may be more suitable for you.
Get in touch or book an appointment for us to come and discuss your options in greater depth.